Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Transformers Film Aftermath

I must say that I was very impressed with the film. I enjoyed it thoroughly and can't wait for the 2 sequels (which they have confirmed). I was very surprised to see 6 of the Decepticons die, leaving only Starscream and Scorpinok to survive. However, I did feel that many of the Decepticons would fall and maybe even an Autobot. The Autobot to die was Jazz.

The only two questions about the film are: What happens since the Allspark was destroyed? and Why was there so much emphasis on the Humans' characters and not the Transformers? The answer to the former, I believe, is that the war rages for the control of Earth. Since Cybertron can't be saved, all of the Transformers will seek Earth for refuge. The Decepticons will obviously try to take it over, thus the battle continues on Earth. For the latter question, I believe that there was not enough time to fully "give character" to all the Transformers, thus this will probably be a major emphasis in the first sequel. I expect it to be more about the Autobots and Decepticons than about Human storylines.

Apparently, the writers are thinking of introducing the Dinobots and Constructicons in the first sequel. Also, they are going to add Soundwave as a main character.

My opinion is that they should have the 'Ark' bring in the rest of the Autobots and the 'Nemesis' bring in all of the Decepticons. It should be an all-out war.

No comments: